1. Apparently I have permanently frightened off the mouse that I saw in the kitchen the other day.
2. Teaching evaluations better than expected. (I didn’t stroll around the office humming “Damn it feels good to be a gangsta,” but I certainly thought about it. I was held back only by philosophical objections to the lyrics; decided to go with “Bella sorge la speranza” instead.)
3. Funny how when you’re in a good mood everything becomes interesting again, isn’t it?
4. Bought only one concert ticket. Remarkable self-restraint, I think. (Also, a ticket for an Ibsen play and knowledge that university opera will be doing L’elisir d’amore in April took the edge off a little.)
5. Have found pedagogical use for “Potato” episode of Blackadder. FINALLY.